My article Orthorexia: Eating Right in the Context of Healthism (Medical Humanities, June 2019) has received press coverage in these outlets:
- Interviewed, quoted in The Times (UK). Tom Ball, “Instagram stars fuel ‘clean eating’ disorder.” Aug. 27, 2019.
- Mentioned, quoted in Telepolis (Germany). Florian Rötzer, “Pathologie des “Clean Eating.” Aug. 16, 2019.
- Interviewed, quoted in Nutrition Insight. Laxmi Haigh, “Orthorexia: is social media cultivating an unhealthy cult of healthism?” Aug.15, 2019.
- Mentioned, quoted in The Daily Mail (UK). Vanessa Chalmers, “Orthorexia is ‘a digitally transmitted condition’ and has real consequences – even if it is still vying to be recognised as a mental health disorder, expert warns.” Aug. 14, 2019.
- Interviewed, quoted in the National Post (Canada). Sharon Kirkey, “Orthorexia’ vying for classification as mental disorder as more people become obsessed with ‘clean eating’.”Aug. 13, 2019.
I was also interviewed on National Public Radio / Marketplace about Grumpy Cat’s passing and the role of memes/monetizing memes, based on a previously published paper on memes and intellectual property. 5/17/2019; available at: https://www.marketplace.org/2019/05/17/grumpy-cat-built-an-empire-on-memes-thats-getting-harder-to-do/